Vice President, Operations and Corporate Officer responsible for all manufacturing of all Onto Innovations product lines & Supply Chain and spend over $220M.
A global leader with an expanded portfolio of leading-edge technologies that include: 3D metrology spanning everything on the chip from nanometer-scale transistors to micron-level die-interconnects; macro defect inspection of wafers and packages; metal interconnect composition; factory analytics; and lithography for advanced semiconductor packaging.
• Ignited an SAP turnaround: Revitalized a challenged ERP implementation project timeline and getting the project back on a schedule for a successful “Go Live”.
• Transformed planning & build schedule: which evenly distributed ship plan and revenue recognition more evenly throughout each quarter. Eliminated “Hockey Stick” build each quarter that previously had ~65% shipping last month of each quarter.
• Free Cash Flow-Plan to reduce inventory by <$ 10M in year 1: Evaluated planning parameters, Bill of Materials (BOM) structure, routing set up, and negotiated with key suppliers.
• Incorporated Succession plan: Developed bench strength plan as well as further reduce the turnover of top talent.
• Merger accomplishment ~$280 M: Due Diligence and fully outlined integration process on a publically traded company.
• Drove multiple Product Gross Margin improvements across the company.
Key Expertise Areas: Chief Operating Officer, Senior Vice President, SVP, COO, Project Management, Manufacturing, Operations, Business Strategy, Tactical Execution, Supply Chain, Lean, Six Sigma Black Belt, Continuous Improvement, Global Sourcing, Cost Reductions, Multi-Site Operations, Global Manufacturing, Market Expansion, Customer Service, Turnaround, Consumer Electronics, High volume manufacturing, industrial automation, assembly line, Chemical manufacturing.
Coaching & Training
What I Do: I help businesses and professionals improve profitability, increase capacity, improve cash flow, develop sustainability, ensure compliance and achieve a return on investment. Additionally, develop Next Generation Leaders and High Potentials to create bench strength and reduce turnover within companies.
Why It Works: I have spent more than 20 years rising through the ranks from Technician to COO and five major industries (Automotive, Contract Manufacturing, Industrial Automation, Embedded Technology/RFID and Capital Equipment Manufacturing) in a global operations/manufacturing setting. The companies were looking to be better than their competition and create a path to world-class. I have the High energy, positive tenacity to bring the right teams together to accomplish high expectations. EVERY TIME.
Results: I have a proprietary approach to walk into highly complex & stressful environments; quickly assess current state, develop a strategy for improvement that led to $200M in revenue growth and >$44M cost savings.
★ Creating & Launching a succession plan: By identifying Next Generation Leaders & High Potentials (>12% of the workforce) which developed a bench strength plan as well as further reduce turnover of top talent.
★ Reduced inventory by $12M in 9 months: Evaluated planning parameters, Bill of Materials (BOM) structure, and negotiated with key suppliers.
★ Ignited a $9.6M improvement in Operating Income: Developed strategic direction to swing profitability from a negative -$9.3M operating income to a positive $320K in the first year. EBITDA improvement 1 year turnaround: -3.95M to +4.4M
My colleagues would describe me as incredibly driven, very positive, and focused on building better teams to achieve greater goals. I drive change in a very exciting, positive, and collaborative way. Operations Research Analyst driving World Class Manufacturing.
"Life never throws you the best pitches, you need to learn how to hit the curves and change-ups as well"